Job Title: Caseworker (part-time: 22.5 hours per week)
Working For: Ruth George MP
Location: High Peak
Salary: £19,000 – £22,000 per year pro-rata FTE (dependent on experience) + benefits + pension
Ruth George MP is recruiting a part-time Caseworker to join her constituency office team in the High Peak.
The post-holder will provide advice and support to constituents on a range of issues and to the Member of Parliament and community on broader community campaigns.
Applicants should be effective and professional at all times, with a desire to be part of a busy, high performing constituency team dedicated to providing the best service to constituents in High Peak. You will play a key role in delivering the highest quality service to the constituents of High Peak.
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve matters.
- Maintain the highest standards of constituent care through the lifecycle of every matter – including quick responses, continued updating and swift resolution.
- Ensure the effective use of document and case management systems to methodically and accurately record, categorise and close matters from constituents and others within the constituency.
- To act in line with data protection laws, the principles of public life and other relevant compliance and policy requirements including constituent care service levels and branding guidelines.
- Deputise for the Senior Caseworker as appropriate (for example, attending surgeries as required with the Member of Parliament).
- Contribute to a weekly briefing of new, continuing and closing matters for the Member of Parliament.
- Liaise with the Parliamentary Office to ensure the effective communication of constituency related issues.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, guidance and procedures in order to assist constituents, through ongoing training and development.
- Provide secretarial services as and when required by the Member of Parliament.
- Supervise other staff members, including volunteers and interns, in the constituency office where appropriate.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrable experience of casework or a similar role.
- Good knowledge of key policy issues: housing, immigration and finance matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- People skills.
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
- Understanding of the need for strict confidentiality.
- Excellent organisational skills and a methodical approach to record keeping.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office (caseworker.mp experience desirable).
- Interest in current affairs and sympathy with Labour Party values.
- References required.
- Closing date will be Monday 17th July with interviews on Wednesday 26th
- To start as soon as possible.
- The role is 0.6FTE (22.5 hours per week).
- The contract of employment will be subject to a 6 month probationary period and will initially be a 12 month contract.
- The Member of Parliament may be able amend this or offer flexibility and/or job sharing for the right candidate(s).
- Please note this role may include evening and/or weekend work as agreed with the Member of Parliament.
- Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Applicants should apply by emailing their CV (maximum two pages) and a covering letter (maximum 500 words) setting out why they are the right person for the job and to join Ruth’s team to email@example.com.
Please note that applications made not following the above process will not be considered.
All shortlisted candidates will receive feedback. If you do not hear from Ruth’s office please assume that you have not reached the shortlisting stage.